My sister emailed me today and said one of her middle school teachers thought my writing was very clever, or something like that.

This caused a fair amount of surprise for me, usually the feedback I receive uses words like "insulting" "lowbrow" and "idiotic" copiously.

I kid, hardly anyone reads my blog, mostly because my lazy ass hasn't been posting. However, I would like to thank middle school teacher lady for her effusive praise.

Now that my holiday from blogging has officially been broken, I would like to write a bit about something I hold near and dear to me. Corporate employment. That's right boys and girls, the whole reason you're getting this post is because I have a job that, while paying the bills and I'm very appreciative for, sucks.

What job have I ever had that didn't? There's been a couple, but none recently. Getting back to my work, I finally figured it out! I write when I'm unhappy. It's an outlet that, when I'm content, is unneeded for my wellbeing and happiness.

If I'm stressed about money, unhappy with my career, upset with my favorite soap opera, etc...I love to write. When I'm content, fat & happy, I think about it, but end up being all "meh" and don't.

I write this on my cell phone as I sit on the patio of a gigantic building in downtown Portland which rises majestically into the city skyline like a huge symbol of some CEO's shortcoming. I guess if that was the case I'm drinking my coffee and writing while seated on the Wells Fargo Tower's nutsack.

I have to get back to work, but rest assured, this job will make me post more...I promise!

0 comments

Post a Comment