The silver lining to cubicle hell

Posted by nerdpulse | 6:59 AM | 0 comments »

As the famous line from Fight Club goes:

"This is your life. And you're wasting it one minute at a time."

If you already didn't know, I'm having a hard time dealing with my job this week. I want to move on, but jobs are hard to come by these days. Especially with the market over-saturated with out-of-work mortgage professionals.

So, what to do? Give myself an ulcer by stressing about going to a job that makes me die a little every day?

Nay. I'm going to start writing again. As I read once, writing while working is your friend. You don't have the pressure of having to use your writing to put food on the table. We've all read these books where the author craps out the final 300 pages of a decent setup because they're either A) up against a deadline, B) need some money, or C) got tired of the book they're writing. I'm looking at you, Dean Koontz.

I'm just going to have to make an effort to get some quiet time after work to do some writing.

That's my New Week's Resolution. Wish me luck!

0 comments

Post a Comment